In this interactive, "Helmet's Off" and "How To" program, you’ll gain skills, tools, and techniques for strengthening stress resilience, appreciating healing humor and the capacity to both laugh at and embrace one's flaws and foibles; learn to grieve productively and let go, be more resiliently risk-taking, and bring more healing, playful, and passionate energy along with creative focus to your personal-professional-family-relational goals, challenges, and dreams.
1. Stress Resilience. Quickly Identify Stress Smoke Signals and the Popular "Four Stages of Burnout"; learn Strategic Steps for Preventing/Rebuilding from Burnout; discover Research-based Psychological Hardiness, especially vital during Transitional Times; learn the Stress Doc’s Stress Resiliency, Brain Agility, and Emotional Integrity Formula – Natural SPEED
2. Good Grief. Recognize and Embrace "Grief Ghosts; differentiate among Loss, Grief, and Depression; learn how to Release Guilt/Shame and more deeply "Grieve, Let Go and Grow with the Flow"; gain guidance and support on the ever-increasing Challenge of Family Care-Taking
3. Disarming and Defusing Communication Skills. Learn to Defuse Self-Defeating Power Struggles by Asking Courageous and Trust-building "Good Questions"; distinguish Healthy from Dysfunctional Conflict; practice Meta-Communication and "I"-Message Tools and Techniques for Disarming Critical Aggressors
4. Risk-Taking and Passion Power. Discover the Model for Creative Risk-Taking and the Doc's Four "P"s of Passion Power – being Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-Playful (see SHRM testimonial below); learn to Challenge Your Intimate FOE – Fear of Exposure
5. Healing Humor and Team Building. Engage in the Doc's acclaimed “Intimate FOE Small Group Exercise”; experience the power of Self-Affirming Storytelling, Group Art Therapy, and sharing Healing Humor.
And most important, we will learn from one another, understanding each of our vulnerabilities and drawing on each participant’s personal-cultural strengths. As was noted by the coordinator of the first Busy Women's Retreat:
Transforming Stress, Conflict and Change into Passion Power" was itself a very powerful theme, and you were able to so skillfully present and guide the group! This subject brought a lot of heavy emotions from the women to the surface. Your ability to help the women work through their issues, and even more importantly, your ability to give them tools with which to transform their stress was truly amazing. The participants in the retreat told me personally that they were very impressed with the way that you managed the group and that they took away many things that they can use in their everyday life. Your presentation helped them to evaluate their stressors differently, to see the positive in every stress, conflict and/or change. Moreover, you helped them to realize they are not alone, and you were so skilled at allowing and encouraging others to give feedback within the group!
1) From a member of the original Busy Women's Retreat; Ann-Marie became a phone coaching client
Oct 12, 2013
I am so glad you are offering your services to many. You are an insightful man who helped me to have clarity and find my strength in chaos. I honestly believe that "God" put you in my path. I am still unsure of my future but I do know that I made the right choice. Without your understanding, patience and knowledge, I would not have been able to make that move. I may have slip-ups but I hear your voice and your words in my head and you continue to guide me.
(Phone Coaching Client)
2) Developing Stress Resiliency, Humor, and Passion Power: The Gift of Interactive Engagement; for Human Resources Palm Beach County, FL (HRPBC; SHRM affiliate); Kickoff Speaker; 100 attendees; 1.25 hrs
Feb 27, 2014
HR Palm Beach County had the wonderful pleasure of having Mark Gorkin "The Stress Doc" present at one of our monthly dinner meetings. Mark's presentation was both insightful and engaging. He has a way of captivating the audience and make them want to hear more. We enjoyed his insights on the factors that cause stress and how to overcome them. We hope to hear more from "The Stress Doc". It was definitely time well spent. We especially enjoyed his perspective of Passion and Power. Mark Gorkin is a must hear!
HRPBC Program Chair
Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
MD/Columbia/Sheraton_Columbia_Town_Center_Hotel [Average overnight room rate is @$100.]
10207 Wincopin Circle, Columbia, MD 21044
Click here: Columbia (for more hotel info)
Come experience a whole new feel at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel. Our $12 million renovation project encompassed a fresh new lobby as well as 290 transformed guest rooms, offering calm, stylish décor and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds plus sleek new bathrooms. We've remodeled our sleek Lobby Lounge, ideal for enjoying light bites or cocktails, and renewed the fine, award-winning Waterside Restaurant, where carefully prepared and delicious local cuisine is served amidst crystal, fresh flowers and views of the lake. Connect with guests, work, or family at the new Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft, located on our lobby level. Centrally located between Baltimore's Inner Harbor and Washington D.C., the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel has everything you need for work and for play. Stroll around our 12 wooded acres in Columbia, Maryland, overlooking the serene Lake Kittamaquandi. Shopping, sporting events and more are all nearby. Complimentary garage and outdoor parking is available. When you return from a full day of meetings or sightseeing, you'll feel brand new after experiencing our refreshing outdoor pool and 24-hour state of the art fitness facility.